Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Finally, a chocolate chip cookie recipe that is Low Carb and Guilt Free!
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 ½ tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt, * optional (we like pink Himalayan sea salt)
- 1/8 tsp of stevia extract
- 5 1/2 tbsp Kerrygold butter, cold or room temp
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large organic egg
- Chocolate chips. We used Enjoy Life dark chocolate morsels
- Optional — Pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 F, and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats, or can grease them.
- In a large mixing bowl with electric hand beater or a stand mixer, cream butter and sweetener until well combined. We found it easiest to add the butter and sweetener into a large glass bowl and let it melt down in the oven, then used an electric hand beater to combine the butter and sweetener.
- Add egg and vanilla extract to mixing bowl and mix in until combined.
- In a separate large mixing bowl combine: almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix in until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Place tbsp size spoonfuls across cookie sheet 1½ inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until cookies are browned on the bottoms.
- Remove and cool for at least 25 minutes or longer, or until cookies firm up and set.
Eat within a few days or store in a glass container in the refrigerator for up to a week.